PRIDE Queer Film Festival (PQFF) aims to engage the community with the best LGBTI+ content in order to educate, support, create, entertain, and celebrate diversity.
We seek to impact lives through the experience of shared narratives
– bringing the voices of the worlds queer culture to Western Australia and nurturing the development of new Australian filmmakers.
- Excellence – We work hard to deliver exceptional experiences to our community supporters and filmmakers.
- Diversity – We value difference in all lives. We aim to give a voice to the under-represented and showcase the diversity of gender identities and sexualities in all their forms.
- Community – We serve the community in an impactful way by providing social connections and safe and respectful spaces that welcome all.
- Respect – We are mature and professional. With trust, respect and collaboration we always show care and respect for all people we engage with that ensure long term viability.
The PRIDE Queer Film Festival (PQFF) was founded in 2017 by Mark Reid and Annette Hasluck with the aim to bring a vast range of new queer films to a local Western Australian audience.
Originally named the Perth International Queer Film Festival it then evolved in 2020 into the PRIDE Queer Film Festival.
The Festival has always aimed to create a programme with a wide range of queer films to entice, excite and thrill our local audiences in both Perth and regional areas of WA.
With the support of The Backlot Perth, the Festival has evolved over the past seven years to showcase and deliver a wide range of exceptional queer films, documentaries and short films in a bespoke and unique cinema that offers a first-rate viewing experience to all audiences.
Prior to 2017 there had not been a Queer Film Festival in Perth that was able to bring fresh, new films to a local Western Australian audience on such a scale.
Over the past 6 years PQFF has shown over 280 feature, short and documentary films that have included many World and Australian Premiers.
Artistic Director / Co-Founder
Mark Reid had a vision to bring some of the best quality queer cinema to Perth and share it with a local audience that had very little exposure to such diverse creative queer cinema.
As the Artistic Director he has put together some incredible programmes that have entertained, delighted, confused, engaged and outraged audiences with the diverse films that have been showcased. With a background in events management and public relations Mark has worked to grow and develop the Festival into a premium event and to expand the reach of the Festival into regional and remote areas of Western Australia.
Festival Director / Co-Founder
Annette Hasluck shared the vision and desire to develop and grow a queer film festival for Perth and has worked tirelessly to create the pre-eminent queer film festival in WA.
As the co-owner of RUBIS Pty Ltd she brings her immense creativity, artistic talent and professionalism to manage the festival. Dedicated to creating a safe, welcoming festival, Annette works diligently to create the best festival possible.
Festival Creative Director
Dave Elliott is passionate about design and creating bold imagery that engages and stands out from the crowd.
As Head of Colouring-In at Fuel Creative, Dave is proudly supporting the wonderful colours of the LGBTQIA+ community.